For students who want more study resources, here are a few links to
freely available additional resources that look decent.
Please feel free to ask me questions if you want to know more
about anything! I'd be happy to work through any exercises with you.
- Hour of Code
- A group of three very basic interactive tutorials, intended
for people just getting started with programming.
- A series of several interactive tutorials. (By the way,
Hydra is very loosely based on this site).
- How to
Think Like a Computer Scientist
- A widely known textbook, which has been adapted to be
Intro to Computer Science
- A series of videos and problems. (They want you to pay to
enroll, but there is a “Start free courseware” option.)
Note: This covers Python 2, not Python 3. The biggest
differences are in how
print and the division
- Python Tutorial
- This is the official Python tutorial. It is not
interactive, but discusses a broader range of Python than any of
the other links provided here.
- An interactive set of exercises
- Not the sort of thing you'd read, but experienced Python
programmers find this indispensable.